On April 1, 2023, assessments will officially begin, paving the way for game-changing programs designed to win back lost market share and drive new demand for block. We know there are questions, and we're working on new resources to help you and your company understand the assessment process. Meanwhile, I wanted to give you a few highlights:
- The checkoff rate is a penny per block sold and only at the first point of sale.
- Initial assessments on product sold April 1, 2023-June 30, 2023 will be due 60 days following that quarter (August 29, 2023).
- Assessments will be remitted to a blind trust to ensure absolute confidentiality in all sales information and remittance amounts.
- A form will also be provided with details of products included in the checkoff and will include all necessary information for calculating and submitting payment.
- Legislation requires documentation of the checkoff when every sale is made.
- Each invoice, bill of sale and/or receipt for eligible block identify the total amount of the checkoff assessment for that purchase.
As always, please reach out with any questions or thoughts.
Major Ogilvie, Chair
Concrete Masonry Checkoff Board (CMCB)